(IPE Factors: Impact & Innovation)
- Edits a broad range of stories within the desk’s profile.
- Works in an integrated way with the desk.
- Works with reporters on story development.
- Collaborates with the news desk on visual and graphic components of stories.
- Exhibits strong news judgement.
- Proofreads and crosschecks copy and ensures content is consistent with the style guide.
- Verifies facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
- Develops and executes a strategy to expand and improve local business coverage and grow traffic to the channel.
- Break business stories.
- Other duties as assigned
(IPE Factor: Knowledge)
- Strong editing skill
- Must have strong knowledge of financial market, economics and consumer issues
- Working knowledge of Nigeria’s media space
- Knowledge of basic newsroom work tools.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft office
- First degree in Mass Communication, Social Sciences, Humanities or its equivalent. Post Graduate qualification will be an added advantage
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in similar position.