(IPE Factors: Impact & Innovation)
- A news producer is one of the most integral members of any news production team.
- Takes all the elements of a newscast (packages, video, graphics, etc.) and compiles them into a cohesive show.
- Write the script for news anchor(s) to read.
- Organize the show, to ensure that there is good ‘flow’.
- Gather leads for possible stories.
- Monitor the wire agencies/network feeds for potential stories.
- Ensure videos are edited for voice-overs.
- Keep in touch with reporters and crew in the field in order to monitor how stories are developing.
- Write in-show and pre-show teases.
- Co-ordinate live shots.
- Other duties as assigned
(IPE Factor: Knowledge)
- Production skill
- Research oriented
- Coordination skill
- Interpersonal relations skill
- First degree in Mass Communication, Humanities or its equivalent. Post Graduate qualification will be an added advantage
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in similar position.