Position: Outdoor Broadcast (OB) TECHNICIAN
We are looking for suitably qualified applicants with 3-5years broadcast experience with competencies in the following Engineering discipline, resident in Abuja and ready to work in any part of the country .
- Satellite/RF Engineering
- Broadcast Engineering
- Power/Electrical Engineering
- Operation, testing and maintenance of all broadcast equipment
- Ensure and take corrective measures for optimum broadcast quality
- Coordination with Assignment desk for DSNG deployment and preparation of daily utilization reports.
- Periodic maintenance of transmitter and other RF device/equipment.
- Installation and maintenance of microwave links Radio Links and Satellite dishes.
- Maintenance of internal CATV distribution.
- Technical maintenance of all the electrical installation.
- Ensure proper power supply to all connected loads as per electrical standards and take remedial action against faults.
- Implementation of new electrical connections as per needs.
- Coordination with the service providers and maintenance contractors’ support team for an uninterrupted electrical supply to all loads, optimum working of Diesel Generators, air-conditioning units, UPS and Electrical Distribution Panels and for any replacement of defective parts.
- Maintain inventory of electrical gadgets and accessories and escalate against shortfall of buffer stock.
- Set up, operate and maintain all outdoor production/broadcast equipment using DSNG vans and satellite Flyaway kits in coordination with Assignment desk and HOD.
- Coordination with R.F Engineer for optimum uplink and downlink using the DSNG vans/Flyaway kits.
- Fault escalation to the HOD for repairs of faulty equipment.
- Preparation of daily logs of use of the DSNG vans/Flyaway kits.
CRITICAL QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS/EXPERIENCE (IPE Factor: Knowledge)
- Technical skill
- Problem solving skill
- Team spirit
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task and
- Knowledgeable in outdoor media broadcasting
- First degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics Electronic, TV Engineering or its equivalent.
- Minimum of four (4) to five (5) years’ experience in TV/Radio Station.